Thursday, July 12, 2018

Sonic Lunch at Liberty Park: Sunflower Bean

I had a summer radio show on Thursday nights on WCBN in 2015.  I opened every show with the song "Somebody Call A Doctor" by Sunflower Bean.  It's mostly instrumental but for the words "Somebody call a doctor; I want to talk about the weather."

I would love to ask what the hell that means.  There must be something wrong with me if I want to talk about the weather...

I'm also looking forward to yelling out songs I want to hear.

"Somebody call a doctor!"

Today, Sunflower Bean plays at Sonic Lunch at Liberty Park downtown.

Anyway, that's lunch.  I'm ready.  I'm also on this coming Monday from 5 to 6:30 and will start the show with Somebody Call A Doctor.  Thank you Sunflower Bean!

Edit: Here is an example of the opening of the show.  That voice talking is Arwulf.  Here's what he says just before Somebody Call A Doctor starts: It is time for some freeform and I think this is gonna feel really good.  I keep doing an hour of radio on Thursday nights and then this guy comes in here and just plays this great music and he shines a lot of good feelings through the transmitter so let's watch the stuff just come flowing through here... Look at this!

No comments: