Wednesday, August 03, 2011

As Moments End

I imagine people at the end of their lives are shaking their head and thinking 'I thought there would be more time.'

I have been given unique opportunities to have special time alone and with each of my children.  Sometimes an hour, sometimes a day, recently weeks.  Before the time starts I have grand schemes and plans for how we will spend our time.

Yet, as moments end, I am caught perplexed at the briefness of it all.  Beyond the cliches and the standards, I shudder at how quickly things are over.

Because of these feelings, I do not want to move to another house or put in more hours at work or make my manicured lawn the nicest on the block.  Instead, I want to sit where my children are sitting, be where my wife is, and experience our moments together.  This is my satisfaction.

No comments: